Friday, April 2, 2010

Behold the Man: Friday is Good

What is Truth?

What does it mean to "Carry Your Cross?"

Pilate therefore said to him: Art thou a king then? Jesus answered: Thou sayest that I am a king. For this was I born, and for this came I into the world; that I should give testimony to the truth. Every one that is of the truth, heareth my voice.




"The scene had taken place before, and, alas, it would be repeated millions of times. A Jew, back still bloody from a nasty whipping, stood stripped before a gentile bureaucrat. What was to be done with this troublesome Jew, who seemed determined to undermine peace and justice?" Are you a king?" Pilate asked. Jesus answered, "I came into the world to bear witness to the truth" (John 18:3438). Pilate then asked a wonderfully philosophical question, "What is truth?" Perhaps Pilate learned that question in his student days at the academy in Rome."  William Willimon

"What is truth?" Pilate asked. With this he went out again to the Jews and said, "I find no basis for a charge against him.


New Living Translation   "What is truth?" Pilate asked. Then he went out again to the people and told them, "He is not guilty of any crime.

English Standard Version Pilate said to him, “What is truth?” After he had said this, he went back outside to the Jews and told them, “I find no guilt in him.

New American Standard Bible  Pilate said to Him, "What is truth?" And when he had said this, he went out again to the Jews and said to them, "I find no guilt in Him.
 International Standard Version  Pilate asked him, "What is 'truth'?" After he said this, he went out to the Jews again and told them, "I find no basis for a charge against him.
King James Bible   Pilate saith unto him, What is truth? And when he had said this, he went out again unto the Jews, and saith unto them, I find in him no fault at all.

American King James Version   Pilate said to him, What is truth? And when he had said this, he went out again to the Jews, and said to them, I find in him no fault at all.

American Standard Version   Pilate saith unto him, What is truth? And when he had said this, he went out again unto the Jews, and saith unto them, I find no crime in him.

Bible in Basic English  Pilate said to him, True? what is true? Having said this he went out again to the Jews and said to them, I see no wrong in him.
Douay-Rheims Bible  Pilate saith to him: What is truth? And when he said this, he went out again to the Jews, and saith to them: I find no cause in him.


Jesus Crucified
Jesus on the cross
Jesus Meets His Mother

Dali's Jesus crucified

More Images of Christ HERE

Jesus Meets his Mother

No comments:

Post a Comment