Monday, November 25, 2013

Do You LOVE turkey?

(REDUX)


I just watched a PBS Nature Special from a guy (Joe Hutto) who is a nature/animal buff, about Wild Turkeys, and it was excellent, beautifully filmed, and mind-expanding.
For thanksgiving, give it a watch:
http://www.pbs.org/wnet/nature/episodes/my-life-as-a-turkey/introduction/7268/


Wild turkey fact sheet:
HERE

Class: Aves

Order: Galliformes Family: Phasianidae 
Subfamily: Meleagridinae  Genus: Meleagris
Species: Meleagris gallopavo
Subspecies: There are five subspecies of North American wild turkey: Eastern, Osceola, Rio Grande, Merriam’s, and Gould’s.

When I lived down south, the wild turkeys saw you a mile or two away; they did not let you see them. Here, I try hard not to hit them with my truck. (with complete success so far...)




No comments:

Post a Comment