Tuesday, February 14, 2012

A Love Poem Goodbye

May I Go?

Do you think the time is right?
May I say goodbye to pain-filled days and endless lonely nights?
I've lived my life and done my best, an example tried to be.

So can I take that step beyond, and set my spirit free?
I didn't want to go at first, I fought with all my might.
But something seems to draw me now to a warm and living light.

I want to go, I really do; it's difficult to stay.
But I will try as best I can to live just one more day.
To give you time to care for me and share your love and fears.

I know you're sad and afraid, because I see your tears.
I'll not be far, I promise that, and hope you'll always know,
That my spirit will be close to you wherever you may go.
Thank you so for loving me. You know I love you too,
And that's why it's hard to say goodbye and end this life with you.
So hold me now just one more time and let me hear you say,
Because you care so much for me, you'll let me go today.

By Susan A. Jackson


The Rainbow Bridge click HERE


No comments:

Post a Comment