Sunday, February 26, 2012

Government Forcing Religion, Freedom of Religion, the Constitution, and the Hypocrisy of the Political Media

President Obama is forcing his Christianity on us!! The media must be Up In Arms. He says we must take money from the rich and give it to the poor, because of the Christian religion's precepts.* (not individually, but the governmental WE.)
Holy Smokes!! 
David Gregory must be licking his chops preparing some Serious Questions about the Fear we are feeling that President Obama is trying to create a theocracy, Forcing us to act with Christian precepts!
david gregory picture

I mean, it's one thing for a person to decide their own behavior, but government mandates?
If i am an atheist, and do not believe in any religious precepts, or if i am simply a selfish person who is doing fine evolutionarily speaking, or simply do not believe in "sharing" or "compassion"--wasn't this government designed for me?
 I thought the constitution allowed people to practice whatever they wanted but does not allow the gov'mint to force me to practice it too.





Is that why thoreau went to jail rather than allow his taxes to be used for something that violated his conscience?



In the middle of the worst economy in memory,
 a coupla wars being fought, american women and men dying overseas, etc., George Stephanopoulos  asked a 2012 primary debate question that left everyone scratching their heads--


Would you ban birth control? or Can States ban birth control or something like that- video here:
http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2012/02/22/cnn_debate_audience_not_into_birth_control_question
don't watch tv, it all crazy

from all sides, the story of The Contraception Question was reported as big news
http://m.newsbusters.org/blogs/kyle-drennen/2012/02/24/nbc-birth-control-debate-came-out-nowhere-now-third-rail-politics

the Daily Beast has several articles about it. 

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/OTUS/raucous-crowds-boo-contraception-cheer-dealth-penalty-gop/story?id=15778733

But it seemed a weird quesiton. Romney cocked his head like a confused dog and indicated that no one was thinking of doing it, and why ask such a question. Then, a few weeks later, comes the insurance mandate to have birth control included in insurance, and the rest is history

Have you stopped beating your wife?



 * here are two instances that President Obama has referenced:

1. To whom much is given, much is expected...

2.   “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit on his glorious throne. 32Before him will be gathered all the nations, and he will separate people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33And he will place the sheep on his right, but the goats on the left. 34Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. 35For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, 36I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.’ 37Then the righteous will answer him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? 38And when did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you? 39And when did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?’ 40And the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers,f you did it to me.’

“Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42For I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me no drink, 43I was a stranger and you did not welcome me, naked and you did not clothe me, sick and in prison and you did not visit me.’ 44Then they also will answer, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to you?’ 45Then he will answer them, saying, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to me.’ 46And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”


 more politics HERE and HERE and also here: http://marysbeagooddogblog.blogspot.com/2011/09/new-civility-kill-those-you-disagree.html



So--what is your opinion? Shall our government be one motivated by Christian Principles or Not? Some but not all?
Why do we spend the way we spend, act the way we act, or refrain when we refrain?
Is there really such a thing as love, afterlife, souls, and morality? Or are we really just random bits of flotsam and jetsom mathematically mutating though time?


No comments:

Post a Comment