Tuesday, August 7, 2012

She's Under My Thumb

Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, and the Rolling Stones. released in 1966. [A Fine Fine example
 of happysexynasty rhythm modelling for men how to be sexy bullies and women to be submissive sexual receptacles to gain the favor of a celebrity. Lady GAGA anyone? (link HERE) ]
LISTEN HERE in another window
  Under My Thumb lyrics:
Under my thumb The girl who once had me down
Under my thumb The girl who once pushed me around
It's down to me The difference in the clothes she wears
Down to me, the change has come, She's under my thumb
Ain't it the truth babe?
Under my thumb The squirmin' dog who's just had her day
Under my thumb A girl who has just changed her ways
It's down to me, yes it is
The way she does just what she's told
Down to me, the change has come
She's under my thumb Ah, ah, say it's alright
Under my thumb A siamese cat of a girl

Under my thumb She's the sweetest, hmmm, pet in the world
It's down to me The way she talks when she's spoken to
Down to me, the change has come,
She's under my thumb Ah, take it easy babe
Yeah
It's down to me, oh yeah The way she talks when she's spoken to
Down to me, the change has come,
She's under my thumb
Yeah, it feels alright
Under my thumb
Her eyes are just kept to herself
Under my thumb, well I
I can still look at someone else
It's down to me, oh that's what I said
The way she talks when she's spoken to
Down to me, the change has come,
She's under my thumb Say, it's alright. Say it's all...
Say it's all... Take it easy babe
Take it easy babe
Feels alright
Take it, take it easy babe.
click pics to enlarge.
this public billboard campaign caused a stir.
From Wiki: "Under My Thumb" is a song written by Mick Jagger and Keith Richards for The Rolling Stones. Its first appearance was as an album track on 1966's Aftermath. Although it was never released as a single, it is one of the band's more popular songs from the period, appearing frequently on best-of compilations.
It was during a performance of this song at the infamous 1969 Altamont Free Concert that the Hells Angels, who were acting as security for the band, stabbed Meredith Hunter to death. It is a common misconception that Hunter was stabbed while the band was playing "Sympathy for the Devil". The events appear in the Gimme Shelter movie.[1] 
"Under My Thumb" was featured prominently by the band on their 1981 USA Tour and 1982 European tour as the opening number at each concert. The Stones have played the song sporadically on subsequent tours in 1997–98 and 2006.
The song's lyrics are an examination of a sexual power struggle, in which Jagger's lyrics celebrate the satisfaction of finally having controlled and gained leverage over a previously pushy, dominating woman.

 Personally, i think it would be very interesting for Freud and myself to take a look at factors in Mick's early life, his relationship with his mother, and his mother's with his father. Uh Huh.





How the Culture and relationships, Behavior and Expectations are changed through art, poetry, and song:
YOUNG KEITH RICHARDS

When played for discussion in the office,-- an English lit grad spoke of how the colonized world, particularly that of India, was massively affected by the literature of the British, and gender inequality was magnified, etc. The male as bully. Will post more here later about the ongoing discussion....or add your thoughts in  comments...

read more about relational violence here and HERE






No comments:

Post a Comment