Monday, August 1, 2011

Death of Beloved Animals Hurts Because We Love Well

Every pet lover has wondered how they will get over the pain,
when the time comes for losing such a love.
[When i found myself crying a lot, for a long time, after the loss of Sweeney, i remember i called my grandmother--wise and full of love -- one night and told her,
 "I just can't stop being sad-- i cry whenever i think about her."
 She told me that Someday it would stop, but for now, just go ahead and cry.]

"I have sometimes thought
of the final cause of dogs having such short lives
  and I am quite satisfied it is in compassion to the human race;
for if we suffer so much in losing a dog after an acquaintance
of ten to twelve years, what would it be if they were to double?"
Sir Walter Scott
              

There is a wonderful website i have referred you to before, on the German Shorthair post here:
http://marysbeagooddogblog.blogspot.com/2010/04/sweetest-german-shorthair.html

and now,
i want to remind you to go there again.
Among the many amazing and truly transparent, life-lesson posts
(the humor of the mundane as well),
Read a poignant story regarding
 these two: http://jenmenke.com/goodbye-beloved-evil-pokie-cat



the entire website is a delight.



Rising on the Thermals

to see love and smile, click HERE and HERE




i will always love my sweeney.


No comments:

Post a Comment