Friday, May 13, 2011

The Mentalist: (update 2012) Haunting Soundtrack for Season Finale-- Mad World (Gary Jules version) where Red John Appears.

Feb 2015 letters from the sky closing song HERE


update: Chris Issak's Wicked Game, from an excellent album, is the opening song for the finale tonight, may 20122 )) this song drove me crazy the year it came out.
watch video here--the original

last year song: Tears for Fears (Wiki) this song has a lot of folks covering it, but here is the one used for The Mentalist next week:  (details and Mad World Lyrics and Gary Jules live )
at end of post.
Here is Gary Jules' version and original vid:
Latest premiere season 4 post HERE






interesting, i stumbled on this song after many years and put up a post about it, and then last night heard the song on the preview of mentalist where he is going to be face to face with RED JOHN.
Yikes!

simon baker as patrick jayne

patick jane or jayne or jaine or j'aunge


simon baker, who i am sure my mother dreams about.
"Mad World" is a song by the British band Tears for Fears. Written by Roland Orzabal and sung by bassist Curt Smith, it was the band's third single release and first chart hit, reaching #3 on the UK Singles Chart in November 1982. Both "Mad World" and its B-side, "Ideas As Opiates", would turn up on the band's debut LP The Hurting the following year. The song would eventually become Tears for Fears' first international hit, reaching the Top 40 in several countries between 1982 and 1983.

Nearly two decades later, the song made a popular resurgence when it was covered in a much slower, ballad-like style by composers Michael Andrews and Gary Jules for the soundtrack to the movie Donnie Darko. This version reached #1 in the UK in December 2003, and became an international hit." from wiki link above

Lyrics:
            All around me are familiar faces
 Worn out places Worn out faces
  Bright and early for the daily races
Going no where Going no where Their tears are filling up their glasses
No expression No expression Hide my head I wanna drown my sorrow No tomorrow
No tomorrow
And I find it kind of funny
I find it kind of sad
 The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had
I find it hard to tell you  I find it hard to take
When people run in circles its a very very
Mad world Mad world
Children waiting for the day they feel good
Happy birthday Happy birthday

And I feel the way that every child should

Sit and listen Sit and listen
 Went to school and I was very nervous

No one knew me No one knew me

Hello teacher tell me what's my lesson

ook right through me Look right through me And I find it kind of funny
I find it kind of sad
The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had
 I find it hard to tell you
I find it hard to take When people run in circles its a very very
Mad world Mad world
Enlarging your world

Mad world




A somewhat similar song is from Zero 7:
In the Waiting line
lyrics:
Wait in line  'Till your time Ticking clock Everyone stop Everyone's saying different things to me Different things to me Everyone's saying different things to me Different things to me
Woooohh Do you believe In what you see There doesn't seem to be anybody else who agrees with me
Do you believe
 In what you see
Motionless wheel Nothing is real Wasting my time In the waiting line Do you believe in What you seeNine to five
Living lies
Everyday Stealing time Everyone's taking everything they can
Everything they can Everyone's taking everything they can
Everything they can
Woooohh Do you believe In what you feel  It doesn't seem to be anybody else who agrees with me
Do you believe In what you see Motionless wheel  Nothing is real Wasting my time In the waiting line

Do you believe In what you see Ah and I'll shout and I'll scream
But I'd rather not be seen

And I'll hide away for another day

Do you believe In what you see Motionless wheel Nothing is real Wasting my time In the waiting line
Do you believe In what you see
 Everyone's saying different things to me Different things to me Different things to me Different things to me
Different things to me Everyone's taking everything they can Everything they can

listen to In The Waiting Line here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tZlu4wP4pw



Here is gary jules mad world live:




next mentalist post here



7 comments:

  1. go to youtube search "sad panda" and watch large.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If red jjohn kills one of Patrick's coworkers the show could take an interesting turn toward more drama, less light hearted. I heard there would be a change after this show.
    Cj

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heard the show was taking a turn, would be different after this season. (If a co-worker is killed, seems the show would move darker.) although i love the lightness and humor, allowing the characters to get more serious might be interesting. but as it is, the show is one of a kind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Moving version but I like Adam Lambert's cover best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i stumbled on his version; its pretty good but i think whichever you hear first, maybe you like best.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wonder why we didn't hear the song they advetised with, in the actual finale. Bummer

    ReplyDelete
  7. Season 4 fianle song: wicked game- capped off three amazing albums form chris issak for me. about heart-shaped world, the album that has wicked games on it, WIKI say:
    "Wicked Game" is a 1989 song by Chris Isaak from his third studio album Heart Shaped World. Despite being released as a single in 1989, it did not become a hit until it was later featured in the David Lynch film Wild at Heart (1990). Lee Chesnut, an Atlanta radio station music director who loved David Lynch films, began playing the song and it quickly became a nationwide top ten hit in January 1991, reaching #6 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart, making it the only hit song of his career in the U.S. James Calvin Wilsey played the distinctive lead guitar solo on the song....

    ReplyDelete