regarding the signs of mental disturbance
[See most recent post HERE. ]
but killed several other people.
The 22-year old Loughner sprayed bullets at close range during a neighborhood's meet and greet with Congresswoman Giffords.
Below, his words and the signs of mental illness.
First, a recap of the tragedy.
|jared loughner mugshot|
Witnesses stated that he seemed pleased with the killing he had wrought. One said he seemed "cold"--almost a "smirk".
Officials state that he is NOT cooperating with police.
- It should be made perfectly clear that people with mental illnesses in general do not commit more crimes than folks who are not afflicted. Remember, there are mothers who kill their children who think they are saving them from satan, and are in a twisted way fighting to be heroic; and there are those who kill their children with no remorse or out of greed, selfishness and bad intent.
|judge JohnRoll had received |
death threats himself
This guy, Jared Lee Loughner, has a number of posts and videos on youtube which i will share with you below, along with some comments regarding any hypotheses about his mental state which might shed light on this horribly consequential act of violence.
I will update this post as new info becomes available.
Some new info:
- A Mother Jones interview with a friend of Loughner HERE
- excerpt 1: "...Tierney tells Mother Jones in an exclusive interview that Loughner held a years-long grudge against Giffords and had repeatedly derided her as a "fake." Loughner's animus toward Giffords intensified after he attended one of her campaign events and she did not, in his view, sufficiently answer a question he had posed, Tierney says. He also describes Loughner as being obsessed with "lucid dreaming"—that is, the idea that conscious dreams are an alternative reality that a person can inhabit and control—and says Loughner became "more interested in this world than our reality." Tierney adds, "I saw his dream journal once. That's the golden piece of evidence. You want to know what goes on in Jared Loughner's mind, there's a dream journal that will tell you everything...
- excerpt 2: "Tierney, who's also 22, recalls Loughner complaining about a Giffords event he attended during that period. He's unsure whether it was the same one mentioned in the charges—Loughner "might have gone to some other rallies," he says—but Tierney notes it was a significant moment for Loughner: "He told me that she opened up the floor for questions and he asked a question. The question was, 'What is government if words have no meaning?'"
"He said, 'Can you believe it, they wouldn't answer my question.' Ever since that, he thought she was fake, he had something against her."Giffords' answer, whatever it was, didn't satisfy Loughner. "He said, 'Can you believe it, they wouldn't answer my question,' and I told him, 'Dude, no one's going to answer that,'" Tierney recalls. "Ever since that, he thought she was fake, he had something against her."
Tierney says he has "no clue" why Loughner might have "shot all those other people." But, he notes, "when I heard Gabrielle Giffords has been shot, I was like 'Oh my God...' For some reason I felt like I knew...I felt like if anyone was going to shoot her, it would be Jared."
Loughner would occasionally mention Giffords, according to Tierney: "It wasn't a day-in, day-out thing, but maybe once in a while, if Giffords did something that was ridiculous or passed some stupid law or did something stupid, he related that to people. But the thing I remember most is just that question. I don't remember him stalking her or anything." Tierney notes that Loughner did not display any specific political or ideological bent: "It wasn't like he was in a certain party or went to rallies...It's not like he'd go on political rants." — By Nick Baumann
- PBS interviewed a neighbor who was in the house of Loughner's parents today. He reported that Jared Lee Loughner's mother was "broken down" in bed, --may have to be "hospitalized"--and that the father was unable to speak more than three words without crying.
Monday morning, TV news shows report that Jared Loughner recited his poetry in class in a scary way, loudly ranting, holding his crotch, and hopping around the room. His instructor said it scared the women.
I wonder if Rappers are going to be focused on....
Here is his youtube site.
Here is a video from Jared Lee Loughner, an Introduction to himself as he offers it to us:
He says his favorite activity is Conscience Dreaming
here is another of his videos:
Jared Lee Loughner's history:
- rejected by military (he apparently told them he'd used marijuana hundreds of times)
- what do the neighbors say? HERE
- and HERE
- and expelled from community college HERE
- More HERE
Apparently from Jared Lee Loughner's myspace page:
"If there's no flag in the constitution then the flag in the film is unknown.
There's no flag in the constitution.
Therefore, the flag in the film is unknown.
Burn every new and old flag that you see.
Burn your flag!
I bet you can imagine this in your mind with a faster speed.
Watch this protest in reverse!
Ask the local police; "What's your illegal activity on duty?".
If you protest the government then there's a new government from protesting.
There's not a new government from protesting.
Thus, you aren't protesting the government."
Will find more info, post, and ponder.
At the moment, the pieces of information indicate the presence of a thought disorder. I will post later in the week as more information emerges. This is a good time to look up how difficult it is to help those afflicted with thought disorders; i worked in D.C. with folks who endured paranoid schizophrenia and they did not always want assistance.
The parents of the 9 year-old girl, Christina Green, speak in these videos: